On the off chance that you send an email to somebody by means of Gmail, the email beneficiary will see your name and email address. Be that as it may, there is a compelling reason need to have the name shown in your email. In the event that you need it, you can without much of a stretch change your name shown in Gmail.
Albeit the showcase name can be changed, Gmail’s username can’t be changed, meaning you can’t change your email address in the event that you need it. In the event that your email is [email protected], john is the username here which you can’t change. On the off chance that you need another email address or username, you really want to open another record.
We should investigate the justifications for why Gmail might be renamed.
- If the Gmail account name is entered incorrectly when opening the account
- If you only want to display your first or last name in the email
- If you have legally changed your name
- If you want to add a name to your middle in the email with the name displayed
- If you want to use a shorter version of your name
Let’s learn how to change the name of Gmail.
- First, log in to Gmail’s website
- If you haven’t already logged in, log in with your Gmail account
- Now click on Settings (gear icon) in the right corner of the screen
- Then select the See all settings option from the menu
Then, at that point, you will see the settings chosen in the General tab. Select the Accounts and Import tab.
You will see your email address next to the Send mail as option. Select the edit info option next to the email address.
In another window you will see the settings to change the name of your Gmail. Select the clear box beneath Name and enter the ideal Gmail name.
- Then click on Save Changes to change the name