If we have lost something or are in danger of losing our lives. In case I can’t walk normally anymore, we have to get arrested by the police and do a normal diary/gd for it. But many people can’t go to the police station or those whose lives are threatened are afraid to go out and go to the police station.
To eliminate this problem Bangladesh government has introduced the facility of online GD. Today in this report I will show the rules of online GD. By entering this website www.gd.gov.bd you can do GD very easily without any hassle.
What is required to apply for GD:
* Your National Identity Card Number
* Your active mobile number
* Your date of birth
GD Application Rules:
- Enter your National Identity Card Number, Mobile Number and Date of Birth and submit
- A code will be sent to your given mobile number via SMS to confirm your identity.
- Choose whether to GD for yourself or for others.
- Select the type of GD and what you lost or found
- Select which police station of which district you want to do GD, enter the time and place of the incident, and click on the “Next Step” button
- Enter your current address and a more detailed description of the incident
- Attach any documents related to GD. Enter your email address. Submit by clicking on the “Submit” button
- You can know the latest status of your GD by logging in after completing the application.
Apart from this method, the GD related to the loss or receipt of any other police station has to be done in person at the police station.
- Eligibility for service: Any citizen of Bangladesh
- Required Cost: This service is provided free of cost
- Required time: 1 hour to a maximum of 7 days
- Work will start: the nearest police station
- Application time: Any time of the year
- Responsible Officer: SI / ASI
- Where to go if service is not available: Circle ASP
- For details: 100
- Required Website: www.police.gov.bd
At present, the online GD service is operational only in Sutrapur, Kalabagan, and cantonment of Dhaka Metropolitan Police and Sadar and Bhaluka police stations of Mymensingh district. Apart from this, GD related to lost or received in any other police station has to be done in person at the police station.